Small Business Fundamentals: Food Costs 101
Every food service business has a target, goal or budget for food cost percentages. These numbers will vary dependent on your product mix, the cost basis of your product and the price point.
This course is designed to give you a working knowledge of the six fundamentals of food cost management including:
- calculating and tracking food costs
- effective ordering
- proper receiving and storage practices
- the importance of employee training
- how to minimize waste, and
- effective inventory controls
This course will take approximately 2 hours to complete.